One of the biggest requests we get from visitors to the area (which is partially due to our deep Appalachian musical roots) is “Where can I check out authentic local music?” Well my friends, you have come to the the right place. If you are in search of fresh local music, because Haywood County, NC has it! And we’re not just talking about bluegrass – although our heritage in this genre has gained all of Haywood County a well-earned destination on the Blue Ridge Music Trails – but we’ve got tons of venues offering music to get just about anyone’s toe-tappin’ to the beat.
You’ll find bluegrass music galore, from impromptu jam sessions to sold out performances by Haywood’s own award-winning boys of bluegrass, Balsam Range. You can check out cool jazz in an underground wine cellar, fun, eclectic folk bands tearing it up at our local breweries, and that is just the start. Regardless of what you love to listen to, Haywood County has a hangout for you. So without further adieau, here is well-rounded set list of Haywood County hot spots where you can get your jam on….
- Bogart’s Live Bluegrass/String Band Music – 303 S. Main Street Waynesville 6:30PM 828-452-1313
- Pickin’ in the Park – Canton Rec Park 77 Penland Street 7 – 10 PM FREE cantonnc.com or 828-648-2363
Friday & Saturday
- Papertown Country Music & Dance Parlor – 61 1⁄2 Main Street Canton 7 – 10 PM $8 Admission 828-736-8925
- Music & Cloggin @ Stompin Ground – 3116 Soco Road Maggie Valley 8 – 10:30PM Admission Charged 828-926-1288
- Live Music @ The Classic Wineseller – 20 Church Street Waynesville 7 PM 828-452-6000
- The Strand @ 38 Main – 38 N. Main Street Waynesville – 38main.com 828-283-0079
- Bear Waters Brewing – 130 Frazier Street Waynesville bwbrewing.com Call 828-246-0602 for more info.
- Frog Level Brewing – 56 Commerce Street Waynesville froglevelbrewing.com Call 828-454-5664 for more info.
- Salty Dog Seafood & Grill – 3567 Soco Road Maggie Valley Call 828-926-9105 for more info.
- Southern Porch – 117 Main Street Canton Call 828-492-8006 for more info. facebook.com/southernporchkandd/timeline
- Maggie Valley Opry House – 3605 Soco Road Maggie Valley $12 Admission 8PM Show Closed Sunday raymondfairchild.com or 828-926-9336
Don’t forget to also check the Visit NC Smokies Event Calendar regularly for concerts and other special events!