Smoky Mountains Waterfalls Archive HOME » THINGS TO DO IN THE NC SMOKY MOUNTAINS » OUTDOORS ADVENTURES IN THE NC SMOKIES » SMOKY MOUNTAINS WATERFALLS
Haywood County is home to the most beautiful waterfalls in the Smoky Mountains. We have 18 different hiking trails with waterfalls ranging from beginner to advanced, giving you and your fellow explorers plenty of opportunities for waterfall sightseeing in the Great Smoky Mountains.
Grab your hiking boots and make your way to the pristine, iconic Smoky Mountains waterfalls of Haywood County. With hikes ranging from a few feet to several miles, Waynesville, Maggie Valley and the surrounding area boast some of the most beautiful waterfalls in the Great Smoky Mountains. Don’t believe us? See for yourself!
In addition to the seven hikes listed below, visitors will also find the following 11 popular hiking trails with waterfalls in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park:
- Middle Prong Trail: An easy 1.3-mile roundtrip hike to Lynn Camp Prong Cascades
- Deep Creek Trail: An easy 1.6-mile roundtrip hike to Indian Creek Falls and Tom Branch Falls
- Pigeon Creek Trail: A moderate 0.8-mile roundtrip hike to Mingo Falls
- Juney Whank Falls Trail: A moderate 0.8-mile roundtrip hike to Juney Whank Falls
- Laurel Falls Trail: A moderate 2.6-mile roundtrip hike to Laurel Falls
- Trillium Gap Trail: A moderate 2.6-mile roundtrip hike to Grotto Galls
- Big Creek Trail: A moderate 4-mile roundtrip hike to Mouse Creek Falls
- Gabes Mountain Trail: A moderate 4.4-mile roundtrip hike to Hen Wallow Falls
- Abrams Falls Trail in Cades Cove: A moderate 5-mile roundtrip hike to Abrams Falls
- Rainbow Falls Trail: A moderate 5.4-mile roundtrip hike to Rainbow Falls
- Ramsey Cascades Trail: A difficult 8-mile roundtrip hike to Ramsey Cascades