East Loop of Great Smoky Mountains National Park
• Starts in Maggie Valley. Follow US 19 (Soco Road) or the Blue Ridge Parkway to Cherokee.
The parkway route bypasses Cherokee.
• US 19 junction with Blue Ridge Parkway at Soco Gap. Take the parkway to bypass
Cherokee. Use US 19 to pass into Cherokee, then US 441 (turn right) to reach the entrance to
• Turn right at stop sign from the Blue Ridge Parkway. Junction Blue Ridge Parkway and US 441
north of Cherokee. Entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
• Oconoluftee Visitor Center, Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Good place to see elk
early and late in the day.
• Junction Clingman’s Dome Road (on left). Clingman’s Dome is the highest mountain in
Tennessee. 7 mile road leads to observation tower.
• Newfound Gap overlook.
• Veer right at Sugarlands Visitor Center. Junction with Little River Road.
• Keep Right. Junction Gatlinburg Bypass. Pass through Gatlinburg.
• Veer Right. Junction US 321.
• Turn left @ stop sign. Junction US 321 and TN 32.
• Turn right onto Foothills Parkway. Junction US 321 and Foothills Parkway.
• Veer right onto I-40. Junction Foothills Parkway and I-40 Exit 443.
• Exit I-40 @ exit 20 at US 276. Follow US 276 to US 19 in Maggie Valley.
• Junction US 276 and US 19 in Maggie Valley.
Add the address here, as you would like it to display on the website.