Most Challenging Roads
90 miles plus ride to Bethel.
Start at traffic light in Bethel (junction US 276, NC 215, NC 110).
• Follow NC 215 – starts as Love Joy Road. Easy section through farmland along river.
• Turn left @ stop sign to continue on NC 215. Junction Love Joy Road and Lake Logan Rd
(NC 215). Moderately difficult.
• Pass Sunburst Campground. Enter Pisgah National Forest. Start climb to Blue Ridge
Parkway. Beware loose gravel on road, especially in turns. Difficult.
• Pass Blue Ridge Parkway ramp. Continue on NC 215. Road surface improves south of
• Turn right @ stop sign onto US 64. Junction NC 215 (Parkway Road) and US 64. Easy.
• Turn right onto Silversteen Road. Junction US 64 and Sliversteeen Rd. Difficult.
• Keep right on Silversteen Rd. Junction Silversteen Rd and Golden Road. Difficult.
• Sharp left turn to stay on Silversteen Road. Junction Silversteen Rd and Macedonia Church Road. Difficult.
• Turn right @ stop sign onto NC 281. Junction Silversteen Road and NC 281. Difficult.
• Turn right onto Charlies Creek Road. Junction NC 281 and Charlies Creek Road. Difficult.
• Turn left onto NC 215. Junction Charlies Creek Road and NC 215.
• Follow NC 215 back to Bethel.