Easter rests on April 1st, 2018. We hope you enjoy your stay in the NC Smokies. If you’d like to dine on Easter Sunday or attend a local event we have listed them below. There are fun activities going on all weekend!
Restaurants offering an Easter Brunch & Buffets on Sunday:
- Rendezvous Restaurant: Easter Brunch served 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. $13.05 per person. Music by Steve and Angie. Reservations recommended. Regular menu will be offered after 3:00 p.m.
- Birchwood Hall Southern Kitchen: Easter Brunch served 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Reservations suggested.
- Maggie Valley Club: Easter Buffet 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. $29.95 per person. Reservations required.
- Southern Porch: Easter Brunch 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- UltraStar Multi-tainment at Harrah’s Cherokee: Easter Buffet 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Visits from the Easter Bunny.
- Laurel Ridge Country Club: Easter Brunch 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. with a childrens egg hunt at 1 p.m. and a visit from the Easter Bunny. $25.99. Ages 7-12 can eat for $9; 6 & under are free. Reservations required.
- Cork & Cleaver Restaurant: Easter Brunch 11:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Adults $30.95. Young-at-Heart (70+) $23.95. Children 6-12 $14.95. Reservations required.
- Lake Junaluska Assembly: Easter Breakfast 7:30 a.m. at the Terrace Hotel. Easter Lunch at noon. Call for reservations 452-2881, ext 662.
Easter Weekend Events
- March 29 – Living Last Supper: See a living portrayal of DaVinci’s famous painting–the moment Jesus tells his disciples one of them will betray him at First Presbyterian Church in Waynesville.
- March 29 – Paint Night: Enjoy brews at Frog Level Brewing while learning to paint a robin’s egg at 7pm. Email [email protected]
.com to reserve your spot — $25 everything to paint with is included.
- March 29 – 5 for $5 Wine Tasting: Sample 5 wines for $5 at Bosu’s Wine shop from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- March 29 – Watercolor Seminar with Jo Ridge Kelley: Come paint “My Little Hummer” in Watercolors instructed by Jo Ridge Kelley at Mountain Home Collection from 10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. $40.00 includes all professional supplies with step by step instruction. Call 828-456-5441 to reserve your spot.
***Must prepay to reserve seating. Call 456.5441 or stop by and see us. Limited number of seating available ***
- March 30 – Good Friday Cross Walk: Waynesville downtown churches gather, remembering the Passion of Christ and walking together as some carry the cross. Walk with us! Meet at First Presbyterian Church parking lot.
- March 30 – Good Friday Concert with LeFevre Quartet: 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. “One of America’s Favorite Quartets” will be performing at Encouraging Word Baptist Church. $10.00 Donation at the door.
- March 31 – Family Friendly Trivia Scavenger Hunt: REACH presents Riddle Me Waynesville, a daytime adventure that is half trivia and half scavenger hunt! Travel around town with your one-vehicle team, visiting Waynesville landmarks, solving riddles, learning about REACH, and testing your local knowledge. The challenge will commence at 2:30 pm, starting from Mad Anthony’s on Legion Drive. Contestants will then reconvene at Mad Anthony’s no later than 5pm for music and prizes. This event is open to all ages, but each team must have at least one participant over the age of 21.
- March 31 – Meadowlark Motel Easter Egg Hunt: Open to the public, the easter egg hunt at the Meadowlark Motel in Maggie Valley will kick off at 10:30am. Light refreshments will be available.
- March 31 – Chick-fil-a Easter Egg Hunt: 9 a.m. -11 a.m. Easter Egg Hunt for ages 10 and under at the Waynesville Chick-fil-a.
- March 31 – Friends of the Lake 5k & Kids Run: Road Race, Walk, and Kids Fun Run at Lake Junaluska. Registration opens at 7:30 a.m. 9 a.m. 5k Road Race, 9:05 a.m. 5k Walk, 9:45 a.m Kids Fun Run. More info here.
- March 31 – Lake Junaluska Easter Egg Hunt: Children ages 12 and under are invited to join Lake Junaluska’s annual Easter Egg Hunt located near Stuart Auditorium. The event is free and open to the public. Plus, the Easter Bunny will be there to take photos! 11:30 a.m. – Ages 1-3. 11:40 a.m. – Ages 4-7. 11:50 p.m. – Ages 8-12
- March 31 – Bluegrass Jam with Raymond Fairchild: Head to Elevated Mountain at 6 p.m. and bring your own instrument to jam with banjo legend, Raymond Fairchild. Don’t play an instrument, come to watch!
- March 31 – Paint & Sip with Master Artist, Jo Ridge Kelley: Relaxing afternoon of colorful painting, wine sipping, laughter and creativity at Bosu’s Wine Shop. $45 per person, covers all materials and supplies necessary to craft your own masterpiece. 1-3:00pm. Call 828-452-0120 to reserve your seat.
- March 31 – Free Wine Tasting: Sample select wine at Bosu’s Wine Shop from 1-5pm.
- March 31 – Kid’s Crafting – Drop your kids off at the Shelton House for this Craft series that will expose youth to crafting and the tradition of WNC crafts.
- March 31 – Karaoke & Open Mic Night – Harmon’s Den Bistro of HART Theater will be hosting a karaoke night beginning at 8 p.m.