“Photo by Gavin Whitner”
Antiquing is the ultimate shopping treasure hunt for creative spirits and nostalgic souls. Haywood County in the NC Smokies is an antiquer’s paradise, packed with hidden heirlooms and just-right gems waiting to be discovered.
From 19th century fineries to vintage 1950s kitsch, the vast network of antique shops in Haywood County have it all. Whether you’re on the prowl for Appalachian farm relics, eclectic place settings, an antique night table or ornate mantel clock, chances are you’ll find it tucked away in the shops and stalls of our renown antique dealers.
Antiquing is a true adventure: you never know what you’ll find. The only limit is your own imagination.
That old farm basket? A perfect mail holder. The apple crate? A mudroom shelf for yard shoes. And the shabby-chic window sashes? Repurpose them as picture frames for the beautiful scenic shots you captured during your winter getaway to the mountains!
For a true antiquing experience, don’t miss the Saturday night auction at Thad Woods Auction in Waynesville. The father-and-son team Thad and Stacy Woods, who’s been featured on History Channel’s Picked Off, are experts in Appalachian antiques. The auctions are great fun to watch with a jovial, family-friendly atmosphere.
We’ve rounded up some of the top antique hot spots for your next antiquing getaway to the NC Smokies of Haywood County:
- Chris and Friends Antiques and Uniques in Maggie Valley has a little bit of everything from old pipes to crockery, including an impressive selection of vintage and antique signage.
- Sutton and Sons in Maggie Valley boasts primitive and eclectic antique furniture, toys, memorabilia and random surprises from every era.
- Attic Treasures in Maggie Valley features a mall set-up with everything from furniture to knick-knacks and decor.
- Country Store Antiques in Maggie Valley.
- Balsam Antique Mall in Waynesville houses dozens of booths and stalls from a wide-variety of vendors, from antique books and postcards to old tools.
- Antique Antics in Waynesville has everything from antique tools and gas station memorabilia to vintage quilts and jewelry.
- A Cat In The Attic Treasures & Treats Antiques Towne Square in Waynesville has a large selection of collectibles, including glass and silver, tea sets and cookware.
- Frogpond Estate Sales in Waynesville has an assortment of furniture and housewares.
- Depot Village in Waynesville is an antique mall set-up with booths for vendors, from furniture and lamps to old paintings and vases.
- Dovetail Antique Services in Waynesville handles antique restoration and repairs, with limited inventory for sale.