3 Cheers for NC Beer Month!
It’s no secret that the outdoors pair perfectly with a delicious craft beer, and that’s exactly what you’ll find in Haywood County, NC. April is NC Beer Month which celebrates the wonderful economic impact craft breweries have had on our economy, and of course, delicious beer. This area of the North Carolina Smokies is serving up the perfect pairing of outdoor activities and unique craft brews that will have you coming back year after year to see what is on tap. Better still, all our local breweries over outdoor pet friendly spaces!
We are home to three award winning local microbreweries:
During the month of April, you can celebrate North Carolina Beer Month with a visit to each one them! In addition to these amazing breweries you can find a number of local business who specialize in offering a fine selection of local craft beer like Mad Anthony’s who features over 50 craft brews ON TAP. Bosu’s Wine Shop, The Classic Wineseller, and Sunburst Market all offer a wide variety of local wines and craft beers. You will find many regional beers at Blue Ridge Beer Hub in addition to home brewing equipment if you’d like to try your own hand at it.
Latest Brew News for 2018
- Won an award for their Smells Like Money brew and added on an outdoor deck on the Pigeon River. Why not paddle up on your kayak?
- Head chef of Pigeon River Grille won 2nd place at the Mélange of the Mountains chef competition.
- Partnered with brand new 7 Clans Brewing in Cherokee by loaning their equipment for brewing MotherTown Blonde Ale.
- Now canning 8-pack skinny cans of Sliding Rock American Mild Ale and Heavy Cream Milk Stout. Available at the brewery and local grocery stores. Grab an 8-pack and hit the trails!
- Just released a canned India Pale Ale named Galaxy Far, Far Away
- King of the World Triple IPA now on Tap
- Opened a new downstairs bar called “The Gem” featuring live music, darts, pool, shuffleboard and appeal to younger locals.
- Now offering Sunday Brunch menu
- Outdoor dog friendly deck is now open for the season.
Frog Level Brewing
- Hosting “The Ole North State Brews and Food” pairing on April 18th. $10 for 5 FLB brews paired with original North Carolina State Foods! Ask bartender for tickets.
- Bug Eyed Espresso Stout wins NC Championship of Beers Gold Medal brewed with neighboring Panacea Coffee Roasters beans. Available now in cans.
- New outdoor stage by the river.
Earn your beer
Wanting to get outside in this beautiful Spring weather? All these locations sell cans you can grab to take with you for your next adventure. Camping is always better with a cold beer right? Just remember to respect Leave No Trace rules when in the outdoors! Some hikes and backpacking spots to consider for earning your brew:
That raps up the latest news for NC Beer month in the Smokies, so what are you waiting for? Get to Haywood County, NC to enjoy your perfect flight of authentic outdoor experiences and the best craft beers. Make sure to book a room nearby … that’s just a friendly reminder to drink responsibly!