Located just outside Waynesville, the Francis Mill is a 19th century grist mill built to grind corn and wheat. The Francis Mill dates back to 1887, when William Francis completed its construction. To this date, it remains in the ownership of Francis descendants. It operated until 1976, and then began to fall into disrepair. The Francis Mill Preservation Society was formed to restore the mill. In June 2013, the mill enjoyed another exciting event in its history. It received recognition by, and was inducted into the National Register of Historical Places. Tours available during special events.