2019 Smoky Mountain elk fest photo contest
Show us your elk!
Majestic elk + beautiful scenery = one foolproof recipe for stunning photographs.
If you think you can grab a show-stopping elk photo, then we want you to join our contest! Dive into your photo album or plan an elk-watching adventure, then submit your photos for consideration. Please remember you must stay at least 150 feet away from elk and other wildlife to protect their habitats and livelihood.
How to Enter
The contest begins on June 16, 2019 and ends at 12 a.m. EST on August 16, 2019. To enter, fill out the online form and upload a digital photo of Elk in Haywood County, The Cherokee Indian Reservation, the Blue Ridge Parkway, or the Smoky Mountains of North Carolina. To be considered:
- Photo must be original, unpublished, and not copyrighted.
- Photo must have been taken of an Elk in Haywood County, NC, Cherokee Indian Reservation, the Blue Ridge Parkway, or the North Carolina Smoky Mountains.
- Photo must be print quality (300 dpi).
- Finalists’ photos will be selected based on originality, creativity, and quality.
- Entrant must have the legal right and ability to give permission for The Haywood County Tourism Development Authority to use the photo in marketing and advertising materials.
- Finalists agree to allow their photo to run in print and online and will agree not to use the photo for any other promotion or commercial purpose throughout 2019.
Photo Contest Prizes
Winning photos will run in the September/October issue of Smoky Mountain Living magazine. First Place winner will receive a 2-night stay at The Swag valued at $2,500 and a Visit NC Smokies prize pack. Second Place winner will receive a $200 gift certificate and a Visit NC Smokies prize pack. People’s Choice winner will receive a $100 gift certificate and a Visit NC Smokies prize pack. All three winning photos will be printed on canvas and on display at the Smoky Mountain Elk Fest.
Thank you for your interest in the inaugural Smoky Mountain Elk Fest Photo Contest. The entry period for new submissions and People’s Choice Voting is now closed. Follow us on social to find out who the winner is. See you at Smoky Mountain Elk Fest, September 14!