Welcome to Haywood County
Home of the Great Smoky Mountains
When you visit NC, make Haywood County your first stop for a truly authentic Appalachian experience filled with outdoor adventure and family-friendly activities.
Haywood County, North Carolina is best known for its 46 miles of scenic drives along the Blue Ridge Parkway, hiking trails in the Great Smoky Mountains and affordable vacation home rentals with spectacular views.
But there’s so much more to see and do than meets the eye.
Experience the NC Smokies
There are so many things to do when you visit NC; it can be difficult to know where to start. If you’re planning a trip to the Great Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, you’ll want to keep these popular attractions at the top of your list:
- Blue Ridge Parkway – Reaches its highest elevation in Haywood County
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park – Encompasses over one-half million acres
- Cataloochee Ski Area – Enjoy seasonal skiing and snow tubing right here in Maggie Valley, NC
- Cataloochee Valley – Famous for its elk population and elk sightseeing tours
- Wheels Through Time Museum – A premier collection of rare American vintage motorcycles
Of course, this is only a small sampling of the many fun things to do in Haywood County.
NC Smokies Visitor Information
We invite you to browse our website to learn more about all there is to see and do in Haywood County, including accommodations, dining and attractions. There’s also a free online Visitors Guide to help you navigate your way around.
When you get here, we hope you’ll drop in and stay a while at our NC Smokies Visitor Center in Maggie Valley, where friendly locals are always more than happy to answer questions about our scenic mountain towns.